Currently hiring: Physician Assistant, Chicago based
Job Description: Clinical Trials Assistant
We are committed to providing our expertise in clinical research to execute high quality trials. We are located off North Michigan Avenue.
Atlantia Food Clinical Trials is looking for a part-time/full-time Physician Assistant to work as part of a growing team. The ideal candidates will be a dynamic individual, who is self-driven and capable of working on their own initiative.
The successful candidate will be involved in the conduct of the clinical trials and will gain valuable insight into the clinical research area. The candidate will perform a variety of procedures and services, on predominately young and healthy individuals, whilst actively supporting the research team.
Requirements include a current Physician Assistant license/registration in the State of Illinois and a minimum of 3+ years work experience.
Job Type: Part Time/Full Time
Providing medical expertise and guidance to members of the clinical project teams to ensure compliance with trial protocols and Atlantia SOPs.
- Explaining the trial process and executing Informed Consent with clinical research volunteers for participation in IRB approved clinical trials.
- Conducting comprehensive appraisals of participants’ health status’ via documenting medical histories and performing physical examinations.
- Determining participant eligibility based on medical history, concomitant medications and protocol specifications.
- Monitor safety by reviewing adverse events, safety samples results (blood), clinical assessments and protocol deviations.
- Order and interpret study appropriate laboratory tests, x-rays, electrocardiograms and diagnostic procedures specified in the trial protocol.
- Obtain blood specimens from study participants using standardized venepuncture, capillary puncture and specialized procedures.
- Assist with the collection of other samples, such as skin/nasal swabs, saliva, Urea Breath Test etc as per study protocol requirements.
- Supporting multiple projects at different stages of the clinical research process in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (ICH/GCP) guidelines;
- Maintain study participant Case Report Forms (CRFs) accurately and comprehensively.
- Document study participant information in Electronic Data Capture (EDC) programmes.
- Perform participant trial visits as required.
- Partake in site initiation, population review, and Sponsor update meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient health information in accordance with HIPAA and other applicable regulations.
- Support the commercial team during project scoping, providing input to proposals where required.
- Collaborate with the Operations/Quality team to create, amend and replace clinical procedures.
- Work directly with the clinical project teams to educate them on clinical research care processes.
- Read, understand and comply with company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions (WI) and study protocols;
- Serve as a liaison between physicians, study participants, staff and sponsors.
- Performance of study procedures independently and in collaboration with Principal Investigator and Project Manager;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
3+ years’ experience in the medical field and/or Clinical Trials Experience
- Current Physician Assistant license/registration in the State of Illinois.
- Certification from the National Commission for the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Proficient and experienced in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent Computer skills and ability to pick up new electronic systems quickly.
- Ability to prioritise tasks as appropriate to ensure deadlines are met.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills. Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Professionalism and conscientiousness, comfortable with Client facing work.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, work independently as well as supporting the team.
- Ability to assist in developing new efficient and improved processes.
- Flexible and willing to learn/grow with the company.
- Positive 'can-do' attitude.