Currently hiring: Clinical Trials Assistant, Chicago based
Job Description: Clinical Trials Assistant
Atlantia Food Clinical Trials is a world class company in delivering clinical studies. We perform acute, observational and intervention studies to ICH-GCP standards for the functional foods, beverages, supplements, pre and probiotics and microbiome-based therapeutics sectors. We are located along Chicago’s Magnificent Mile.
We are looking to hire a Clinical Research Assistant to join our dynamic Team. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be capable of prioritising and organising workloads and communicating well with the Team.
Employment Type: Full-time.
- Identification, recruitment, telephone screening, enrolling and scheduling of volunteers for participation in food clinical trials.
- Completion of participant visits and inputting of data into electronic data capture platforms (CRFs/eCRFs) and study logs.
- Preparation of protocol specified biological samples for aliquoting, storage and shipment.
- Ensuring documents are completed, labelled and stored in accordance with ICH GCP.
- Utilising nutritional analysis software, for completion and analysis of subject food frequency questionnaires and food diaries.
- Performing data quality checks and ensuring data management procedures are followed throughout the trial.
- Performing study start up and close out tasks including the creation and completion of study specific documents.
- Serving as a liaison between physicians, study participants, research teams and Project Managers.
- Responsible for the download of study specific apps on subject’s mobile devices and training subjects in the use of these apps.
- Monitor safety of all aspects of the clinical trials and reporting of any adverse events.
Minimum Bachelors College Degree in a relevant field (Science, Nutrition, Quality, Clinical Trials)
Experience in Clinical Trials or Research Projects is a plus.
- Proficient and experienced in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent Computer skills and ability to pick up new electronic systems quickly.
- Ability to communicate well with participants when conducting visits and performing telephone screenings.
- Ability to prioritise tasks as appropriate to ensure deadlines are met.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills. Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, work independently and as well as working in a team.
- Ability to assist in developing new efficient and improved processes.
- Flexible and willing to learn/grow with the company.
- Positive 'can-do' attitude.